You can see the black rubber bonding that I had cut through to seperate the metal. In the middle top of this photo you can see a metal channel that is connected to the arched reinforcement bars. (You can also see this channel on the left hand side of the previous photo. The right side still has the remains of the van sides inside it). This channel slotted nicely onto one side of my roof after I had cut it open. I then had to bend the reinforcing arches inwards as the roof was about 6 inches too wide. This was very hard work and meant unbolting and removing the arches, then using a tournique(peice of rope twisted with a metal bar) to bend the arches in. Then refitting the arches and trying the roof for size. I had to do this a few times to get it to fit (nightmare).
[<< First] [< Previous] [Next >] [Last >>]

campervan menu